M Sc Nursing
- The Institute conducts two years MSc Nursing course leading to the award of a Master of Science in Nursing degree by Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences, Assam. It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Assam Nurses Midwife’s and Health Visitors’ Council, Guwahati, Assam.
- The objectives:-
- MSc Nursing will prepare Nurses, to improve the quality of nursing education and practice, in India. It will build upon and extend, competence acquired at the graduate level, emphasize application of relevant theories into nursing practice, education, administration and development of research skills.
- It will prepare nurses, for leadership position in nursing and health care fields, who can function as nurse specialists, consultants, educators, administrators and researchers in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the National priorities and the changing needs of the society.
- Curriculum Pattern: Curriculum pattern for M.Sc. Nursing course will be followed as per syllabus laid down by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- No of Seats: The number of seats available for the first year MSc Nursing is twenty (20). Distribution of seats in the areas of specialization as under:-
- Medical Surgical Nursing - Five Seats
- Mental Health Nursing - Five Seats
- Community Health Nursing - Five Seats
- Maternal Health Nursing - Five Seats
- Wards/Wives of Army personnel - 18
- Civilian students from North East India - 02
- Basis of Selection: The entrance test for MSc Nursing will be a Written Admission Test (PG-WAT) conducted by AIN, Guwahati under the aegis of HQ AWES. The admission is strictly on merit ranking, based on marks obtained in PG WAT. Counseling for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course will be done strictly as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination. The candidates must give two choices of the specialty they intend studying. Selection of candidates into a particular specialty will be based on the results of entrance examination and counseling. No change of specialty is allowed after admission.
- Entrance Examination: Entrance Test will be conducted in English language only. The type of questions shall be of multiple choices.
- Total questions - 100 (PART A- 50 and PART B- 50)
- Total marks - 100
- Duration of Examination - 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- No Negative Marking
- Syllabus for Entrance Examination : The Entrance examination will be based on the syllabi of B.Sc. Nursing prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council. The Question Paper will have two parts; Part A and Part B. Part A will contain questions from General English, General Knowledge, Biological Sciences, Nursing Administration and Management, Research and Statistics. Part B will contain questions from the specialty subjects (10 marks each) from Medical Surgical Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Child Health Nursing and Maternal Health Nursing.
- ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES: The candidate selected will be asked to attend counseling and will have to produce all original documents. If the candidate fulfills all requirements, she can take admission by paying requisite fees. The selected candidates shall have to join the course at the college on the stipulated date as informed by the institute and under no circumstances the joining date shall be extended. The seat shall be filled as per merit rank immediately if a candidate fails to report on the date of joining.
The decision of the selection committee is final.
- A candidate pursuing MSc Nursing course shall be a full time student for the entire duration of the course.
- Candidates are not permitted to work in any organization while undergoing the course.
- A single academic year will be counted as one unit for calculating attendance.
- All students are expected to attend seminars/symposium/ conference/journal review or any event organized by the college and not absent themselves without prior permission.
- A candidate should have minimum of 80% attendance in a year irrespective of the kind of absence in theory and practical in each subject for appearing in examination. A candidate should have 100% attendance in each practical area before publication of result. There shall be no consideration for shortage of attendance.
- Scheme of Examination: Theory and Practical Examinations for all the subjects will be held as per syllabus and regulations laid down by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati, Assam. Internal Examinations will be held from time to time to evaluate the progress of students. The internal assessment of the students will be based on these examinations. Students must pass in both internal as well as in external examinations and also in theory and practical wherever applicable.
View & Download PDF